Geesinknorba Spain has delivered a fully electric RCV to Acciona. The refuse collection truck that will go into service is a Renault Trucks D Wide Z.E. chassis on which a Geesink GPM IV 22m3 body is mounted. The unit has been acquired by Acciona through its SUW, street cleaning and urban waste management division Acciona Medio Ambiente. The unit will provide waste collection services in an environmentally sustainable manner, emitting zero pollutant gases in the renowned residential area of La Moraleja, Madrid, located in the municipality of Alcobendas.
The Geesink GPM IV body, our flagship product, delivers unrivalled and exceptional quality for the most demanding operations. It features a unique compaction system called ‘Big Bite’, which is suspended on two support and pivot points on the cover (not via guides on the hopper) and consists of a yoke and press plate. The collecting and compacting movements are actuated by high quality cylinders to prevent major wear, tear and clogging. This solution meets the requirements of this specific application, such as branches from trees that have been pruned in this residential estate that is known for its numerous trees and large green areas.
The Geesink GPMIV refuse body provides many advantages and improvements that makes it the best choice in terms of quality and reliability:
- The use of high quality Swedish steel, such as DOMEX, HARDOX and SAR 400. The GPM IV bodies are reinforced where necessary which make them highly suitable for heavy commercial and industrial waste collections.
- There is a saying in this business: ‘You can toss a fridge into a Geesink refuse body and it will chew it up’. Not only this is true, but you can find a film on YouTube where a GPMIV eats and compacts a car!
- The ‘SMARTPACK’ energy saving system reduces energy consumption (it only activates that part of the hydraulic circuit of the system that is required for the operation of the collection cycle).
- The bin lift has the highest lifting capacity in its category on the market.
- Geesink’s unique compaction system allows compaction against the ejector plate in the container and not in the hopper, nor against the roof of the container, resulting in higher compaction ratios, less wear and tear, and fewer breakdowns.
- Exceptional hopper capacity, the largest in its class on the market. This results in faster pick-up times each run, less wear and tear, and, therefore, energy savings as the press works less.
We are proud to deliver this reliable and innovative truck to the team of Acciona Medio Ambiente. We have provided them a tangible and proven solution for the most demanding tasks and new challenges posed by environmental sustainability and the need to protect and care for our planet. Congratulations with this new truck, pictured in front of our new facility in Madrid!